Girls in grades K-1 are going through big life changes—starting school, showcasing new “I can do it!” skills, and discovering the wide world around them. Here are eight reasons why it’s also the perfect time for her to join Girl Scouts as a Daisy.
- Girls (and caregivers!) can make new friends in their community as part of a local troop.
- She’ll gain confidence by trying new, exciting things away from home. Caregivers will also learn how to let their girl be independent!
- Female mentorship and girl-led programming in Girl Scouts will encourage her to speak up and value herself.
- Daisies can spend screen-free time exploring the outdoors and appreciating nature.
- She’ll learn about mindfulness and compassion with community service projects.
- With the Girl Scout Cookie Program, Daisies are able to be part of the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world!
- Girl Scouts is the best leadership experience for girls—period! As a Daisy, she will develop a strong sense of self, seek challenges, learn from setbacks, and display positive values.
- Girls can join Girl Scouts any time! New Daisy troops are forming now and there are always troops looking for new members. Visit gsema.org/join to find a troop near you!